The aviation flight degree program requires application to the University as an Aviation Flight Applicant. Enrollment in Aviation Flight will be based on selective criteria, which will be determined from the information given on your University Application.
One cannot be fully admitted to the SIU Aviation Flight Program until a review from the Aviation review board is conducted. After this review, applicants will be notified of their admission to the program. All applicants must satisfy University baccalaureate entrance requirements in order to be admitted to the University and to the Aviation Flight applicant pool.
- Apply to the University
- It is recommended that the University Application be completed by December 1 of the year prior to desired Fall enrollment in the program or four months prior to desired Spring or Summer term entry.
- Make sure to send in an official copy of all your transcripts.
- Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) https://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Once you are admitted to the University you will be placed in the Aviation Flight applicant pool. You will then be considered for admission under the Aviation Flight selective criteria. You do not need to complete a secondary application for Flight.
- If you are admitted into the program, you will receive an email from the Aviation Flight Department stating such and detailing your next steps.
- Read, Registration Process, to help you with the mechanics of registering for classes.
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- If you have less than 26 hours of college work, you are required to sign up for New Student Orientation.
- There are special days for Transfer students.
- Arrange your Housing.
- Freshmen, you will need to sign up for a room in the residence hall. https://www.housing.siu.edu/residence-halls/contracts
- The Aviation Living and Learning Community is where most first and second year aviation students live. https://housing.siu.edu/AviationLLC
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to call, 618 453-8898.
Special Procedures for International Students
International students interested in majoring in any Aviation discipline must follow special procedures for University Admission. For a list of procedures as well as contact information for help in meeting the procedures please visit SIU's Center for International Education.