The FAA has approved a modified version of the Restricted Air Transport Pilot, or R-ATP, for SIU Aviation. That means that students majoring in AF and AVT will now qualify for the full reduction in the R-ATP hours!
Besides adding the AVT major to the R-ATP document, we have also added the following specific classes to count towards R-ATP:
- AVT 101--Applied Sciences
- AVT 112--Aircraft Electricity
- AVT 203--Aircraft Aerodynamics
- AVT 305--Cabin Environment and Jet Transportation Systems
- AVT 405--Flight Management Systems
For SIU Aviation Flight and SIU Aviation Management students, this opens up new options for completing your R-ATP hours.
The policy is to allow a 5-year look back, which means graduates in the past 5 years can qualify under this modification.
Please contact our advisor Rachel Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.